BONDED TERMINAL OPERATIONS
The creation of bonded terminals was necessitated to decongest the Port where grossly inadequate precipitating excessive delays in turn round time of vessels at the Nigeria harbours.
In the year 1980 and 1982, the Federal Government of Nigeria responded to the challenges by establishing the two container Depots in Kano and Kaduna with a combined capacity of 8000 Teu. These terminals have the full presence of the Nigeria Customs Services with other related government agencies required for Port operations. It was conceived also as a viable channel of supplying the much needed industrial raw materials, spares and agricultural materials for the development of hinterland States, local government councils as well as a necessary assistance for the organized private sector engaged in manufacturing and agriculture.
Our Bonded Terminal Operations offer:
- We have operating license to effect laden containers on Bond either by road or rail
- Effective transfer of containers from seaport to our depots in Kano and Kaduna without the frustrating and costly delay in Lagos
- The two Depots have full complements of Nigerian Customs Service and security agencies
- Clearing of cargo at your convenience to its final destination through less cumbersome documentation process
- Our standard practice is that on arrival, containers clearance does not exceed 24 hours which is far ahead of the unattainable 48 hours clearing period in the seaports.
- To ensure effective and safe transit, the Nigeria Customs Services provides able officers as Escorts to ensure that bonded containers arrive at the Depots within a reasonable time and with seals intact.
- The operations therefore provide quality services to meet customers “just-in-time” needs.
- Our systems guarantee quick service delivery within the expectation of our much cherished customers in the hinterland and offer peace of mind.